Next week the YSS will be out in force at the Royal Statistical Society’s Annual Conference in Exeter!
Conference is always one of the highlights of the YSS calendar, and this year we’re organising an unprecedented number of sessions – here’s a quick summary…
- “The Young Statistician’s Guide to Conference” – designed to help attendees (both new and old) get to grips with the conference programme, and provide a rundown of YSS conference highlights
Tuesday lunchtime social / icebreaker – come and meet fellow young statisticians over lunch!
Tuesday evening pub quiz + social – a general knowledge quiz (with prizes!) open to all conference attendees
Professional development session on submitting and refereeing journal articles
- Professional development session on inspiring young people with statistics and data – including how to become a STEM ambassador
- YSS/Significance Writing Competition session – with presentations from the three shortlisted writers
- Statistical Analytics Challenge session – with presentations from the two winning teams
- Organising and chairing the final plenary panel session – “What’s the worst that could happen? Exploding popular myths surrounding uncertainty and risk”
- Presentations from the prizewinners at the 2015 Young Statisticians Meeting and 2015 Research Students Conference
It promises to be an amazing and action-packed week, so if you’re coming down to Exeter, come and say hello – we’ll be wearing our famous red t-shirts, so you won’t miss us!